Welcome to the Technology Department!
Westchester School District 92 1/2 technology department purpose is to provide access to technology for our students and staff. We believe that technology will allow our students to better focus on inquiry-based and hands-on learning. Technology will allow our students to take responsibility for their own educational experience and success.
Our Mission - Prepare and empower students to be successful in life.
Westchester School District 92 1/2 Technology highlights:
- Robust Cisco network connecting 3 schools with 1-GB Internet access
- SonicWall security firewall
- 100% WiFi coverage using Aerohive Networks access points
- Staff members are using Windows laptops and Chromebooks
- Students are using Chromebooks and Ipads
- CIPA filter for student devices - Securly
- We are using Google for Education platform
Students and teachers resources
- Epson Brightlink Projectors
- Document Cameras
- Printers and copiers
- Video editing equipment
- 3D printers
- STEM robots
- Virtual Expeditions
Online Learning platforms used in our district
- Google Classroom
- Pebble Go