Prepare and empower students to be successful in life.
Westchester District 92½ will ensure students are supported in a safe and secure environment with engaging opportunities to:
- Show pride, confidence, ownership, engagement, and self-advocacy
- Be creative, critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Use technology to expand learning opportunities beyond the classroom
- Experience an array of innovative, rigorous programs and services, and high impact instructional strategies to meet their interests and needs
- Grow in knowledge, skills and dispositions to achieve high school, college, career, and life success
Learners today, Leaders tomorrow
Westchester is located in Cook County, 14 miles west of downtown Chicago. Three tollway systems (290, 294, and I-88) allow easy access to our suburban community. With a current population of close to 17,000, Westchester prides itself as a middle class neighborhood community where both young and old work together to form an active village. The diverse mix of ethnic and cultural groups enriches the community. Through partnerships within the local governmental agencies, the community meets the needs of its youngest members. The community proudly supports three public elementary schools, one Catholic elementary school and one Catholic high school.
Westchester Public Schools, District 92½, consists of three elementary schools that serve students residing within district boundaries. The Westchester Primary Schools serves students in Early Childhood/Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 2. Students in Grades 3 through 5 attend the Westchester Intermediate School. The Westchester Middle School serves students in Grade 6 through 8. The District has an enrollment of approximately 1,160 students. All schools offer hot lunch programs. The District provides transportation for students who must cross main arterial streets.