Our online application system allows you to complete an application for employment for current and future openings in the Westchester Public Schools. This applies to certified administrative and teaching positions as well as support staff positions.
If you are interested in joining our team, use the Start an Application link below. The application process consists of multiple steps and may take 30 to 60 minutes to complete. You do NOT have to complete the whole process at one time, however, and can use the Continue/Modify your Application link below to return to an application that you started to complete or update it.
If you want to apply for a position that is not currently listed as open, you may establish a pre-employment file by completing the online application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are no longer accepting any paper applications. This includes letters of reference, cover letters, transcripts, etc. Use our online process to complete your application as well as to upload any additional documents needed for your application.
GUIDELINES FOR UPLOADING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION:
- Additional documents can be either text files or image/scanned files.
- The maximum file size for uploads is 1 Megabyte (1 MB) or 1000 Kilobytes (1000 KB).
- Files must have the extension included in the file name.
- The following extensions will be accepted by the system:
- Text Files (.doc or .rtf):
- Image/Scanned Files (.pdf, .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .png or .tif).
- Image/Scanned Files should be created in black and white (1 bit). (Grayscale or colored images/scans will be too large.)
- Only one file may be uploaded for an additional document type (example: Transcripts). If you have multiple separate files for a document type, you must combine the separate files into one file before uploading.
If you have questions regarding the application process, email Sheri Wagner at [email protected].
or contact the Westchester Public Schools' District Office by phone at (708) 498-0011.
It is the policy of the Westchester Public Schools, District 92½, to comply with federal and Illinois employment laws. District 92½ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, arrest record, military status, order of protection status, or unfavorable military discharge, citizenship status provided the individual is authorized to work in the United States, use of lawful products while not at work, being a victim of domestic or sexual violence, genetic information, mental or physical handicap or disability, if otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation, and other legally protected categories. The District has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees
Candidates are responsible for obtaining proper Illinois licensure. The following links are provided to assist you in securing licensure:
West 40 Intermediate Service Center No. 2
4413 Roosevelt Road, Hillside, IL 60162
Illinois State Board of Education
100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777
866-262-6663 or 217-782-4321